Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Grandma Moses and the Spilled Purse


On May 16th 1971 about mid morning Orin and Peggy stopped at the old farm in Moreland Idaho and wisked away with Grandma and Headed to Idahofalls.The day for the arrival of Orin and Peggy's first son had come. Things were a little tense it was Grandmas first Daughter to give birth. I think she must have been way nervous. I believe she was almost a nervous as I was. When we arrived at the hospital (the Old LDS Hospital in Idahofalls next to temple) We went staight thru the emergency room to check her in. She was so close to having him that I almost didn't get all the paperwork done before Kory was born. I went looking for where she might be and I found Grandma in the waiting room pacing the floor. Man was she rattled. They had already taken Peggy to delivery and I didnt even get to see her off. As Grandma paced the floor she happen to look in a mirror and realized that she hadn't combed her hair yet. So she frantically dug thru her purse looking for a comb or a brush. As she fumbled around with the purse it fell and spilled all over the floor. Together we were in the process of picking it all up when the nurse came in and said it was a boy. After all the pressure was off we sat around and laughed about how tense things were and how funny it was Grandma had spilled her purse. We were so happy that Kory had been born and He and Peggy were doing fine. since I didn't have the luxury of digital photography to show off the new baby I am including a doctored up picture of the purse spilling incident. and of course our new baby. Aint He Cute















Posted By: Orin Morgan

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha! Thats funny...and one funny lookin baby...!

    ReplyDelete